After creating a website on Google Cloud Platform, you can now start to set up the FTP with FileZilla, which is the normal way to manage your website files.
- How to Create a Project on GCP
- How to Change Project Name on GCP
- How to Deploy WordPress on GCP
- How to Change phpMyAdmin Password
- How to Change WordPress Admin Password
- How to Enable Cloud DNS API on GCP
- How to Create Cloud DNS Zone on GCP
- How to Reserve Static IP Address on GCP
- How to Fix WordPress Permalink Issue on GCP
- How to Set Up Domain Name with GCP
- How to Set Up FTP with FileZilla on GCP
- How to Change Machine Type on GCP
- How to Delete a Project on GCP
To set up FTP with FileZilla on Google Cloud Platform, you need to download and install the "FileZilla" and "PuTTY" software on your computer.
Part I: Generate PuTTY Password
Step 1: Click the "Start" button and click "PuTTYgen" from the list;
Step 2: Click "Generate" in the PuTTY Key Generator;
Step 3: Move your mouse cursor over the blank area to generate the key randomly;
Step 4: Click the "Save private key" button to save it on your computer.
Part II: Link Public Key to Google Cloud Platform
Step 5: Copy the key in step 4 and go back to Google Cloud Platform.
Click the menu icon in the dashboard and select "Computer Engine" from the list;
Step 6: Click "Metadata", then click "SSH Keys" and "Edit";
Step 7: Click "Add item" and paste the code from step 4 in the box. Save the changes;
Part III: Link FileZilla FPT and Google Cloud Platform
Step 8: Click " Edit" in the FileZilla, and select "Settings" from the drop-down list;
Step 9: In the "Settings" window,
- Click "SFTP" under FTP;
- Click the "Add key file" button;
- Find the key you saved in step 4; and
- Click "OK" to save the changes.
Step 10: In the FileZilla window:
- Type "sftp://", copy the IP address in the "Host" box (please check here to have the IP address);
- Paste the name in the "Username" box, which you can find in the key comments box from step 4 (e.g., rsa-key-20200303);
- Click the "Quickconnect" button; and
- Click "OK" in the new window.
Step 11: Click "OK" in the new window, which is to carry the connecting;
Step 12: You will see your site files in the following folder path: var/www/html.