After you create a project and deploy WordPress on Google Cloud Platform, you now have the website running. However, it is running with the IP address. You still need to set up the domain name. Please see below for detail:
- How to Create a Project on GCP
- How to Change Project Name on GCP
- How to Deploy WordPress on GCP
- How to Change phpMyAdmin Password
- How to Change WordPress Admin Password
- How to Enable Cloud DNS API on GCP
- How to Create Cloud DNS Zone on GCP
- How to Reserve Static IP Address on GCP
- How to Fix WordPress Permalink Issue on GCP
- How to Set Up Domain Name with GCP
- How to Set Up FTP with FileZilla on GCP
- How to Change Machine Type on GCP
- How to Delete a Project on GCP
Step 1: Login your domain account.
If you do not have a domain, you can buy one from any domain provider. I have been using NameCheap for years, and have been happy with their services. The price is $8.88 per year which is cheaper than most other providers (please check here for details);
Step 2: On the right side of the domain name, click the "Manage" button;
Step 3: In the "NAMESERVERS" section, click "Namecheap BasicDNS" section and select "Custom DNS" from the list;
Step 4: Copy the name servers you created earlier to here one by one;
Please check how to get Cloud DNS Zone on Google Cloud Platform, or follow the path below after you login: Menu Icon on Top-left >> Network services >> Cloud DNS >> Domain Name
Please note not to copy the period at the end of each name server.
Step 5: Click the check mark to save the changes.
After you finish all these steps, you will need to wait up to 48 hours to get the domain work properly, even though in most cases the waiting time will be significantly less.