National Heroes Day is a public holiday in Bermuda, and it is observed on the third Monday of every June. The holiday is in honor of those who have been officially designated as National Heroes in Bermuda.
National heroes are those who have made significant positive contributions to Bermuda in all areas. Since the first time in 2008, eight people were designated as National Heroes. The National Hero designation in Bermuda is a lifetime honor.
The first National Heroes Day was celebrated on October 13, 2008, and moved to June to replace Queens' Birthday on the second Monday of June, however, the celebration was chosen on the third Monday of June instead.
Dame Lois Browne-Evans was named as the first-ever National Hero in 2008 in Bermuda for her lifelong work advocating for a more equitable society.
- Dame Lois Browne-Evans, DBE, JP, LLB (1927-2007)
- Dr. Edgar Fitzgerald Gordon (1895-1955)
- Dr. Pauulu R.N.O.B. Kamarakafego, Dr. Roosevelt Brown (1932-2007)
- Sir Henry James "Jack" Tucker (1903–1986)
- Mary Prince (c. 1788-unknown)
- Gladys Misick Morrell (1888-1969)
- Sir Edward Richards, KT., CBE (1908-1991)
- The Hon. Sir John W. Swan, KBE, JP (1935)
The following is the list of National Heroes Day in Bermuda from 2022 to 2026.
|National Heroes Day||Jun 20, 2022||Monday|
|National Heroes Day||Jun 19, 2023||Monday|
|National Heroes Day||Jun 17, 2024||Monday|
|National Heroes Day||Jun 16, 2025||Monday|
|National Heroes Day||Jun 15, 2026||Monday|
Please check more public holidays in Bermuda: