Ox is the second zodiac of the 12 Chinese zodiac. According to the tradition, people born in the year of the ox are honest, hardworking and patient. They do not like talking much and are lacking in communication. As a result, they may not have chances to take the key positions in the working place even they work hard.
Many may leave home at early ages and start a family from nothing. They may have hardships as well as mental troubles in the middle age, but they are blessed when they are getting old.
- Lucky number: 9, 1
- Unlucky number: 3, 4
- Lucky color: blue, red, purple
- Unlucky color: white, green
- Lucky direction: southeast, south, north
- Lucky flower: tulip, ornithogalum, peach blossom
Year of Ox:
The 12 Chinese zodiac signs are assigned according to the Chinese calendar, which is different from the dates in the Gregorian calendar, especially for those were born at the beginning of the year. January in Gregorian calendar is usually November or December in the previous year in Chinese calendar.
People born within the date ranges can be said to have been born in the "Year of the Ox".
|Year||Start date||End date|
|1901||Feb 19, 1901||Feb 07, 1902|
|1913||Feb 06, 1913||Jan 25, 1914|
|1925||Jan 24, 1925||Feb 12, 1926|
|1937||Feb 11, 1937||Jan 30, 1938|
|1949||Jan 29, 1949||Feb 16, 1950|
|1961||Feb 15, 1961||Feb 04, 1962|
|1973||Feb 03, 1973||Jan 22, 1974|
|1985||Feb 20, 1985||Feb 08, 1986|
|1997||Feb 07, 1997||Jan 27, 1998|
|2009||Jan 26, 2009||Feb 13, 2010|
|2021||Feb 12, 2021||Jan 31, 2022|
|2033||Jan 31, 2033||Feb 18, 2034|
|2045||Feb 17, 2045||Feb 05, 2046|
|2057||Feb 04, 2057||Jan 23, 2058|
|2069||Jan 23, 2069||Feb 10, 2070|
|2081||Feb 09, 2081||Jan 28, 2083|
|2093||Jan 27, 2093||Feb 14, 2094|
Strength for people born in "Year of Ox":
- Work carefully, down-to-earth, slowly but steadily;
- Not easily affected by others and the environment, and do things according to own ideas and ability;
- Strong entrepreneurial spirit, strong ability to withstand hardship or adversity;
- Value both work and family, respect traditions, and be conservative;
- Women are good at dealing with family issues, they also pay great importance on children's education.
Weakness for people born in "Year of Ox":
- Respect traditions and hardworking, but lack of romance;
- Do not like listening other people's advices, often hold on own opinions;
- Do not like talking much, not good at communication;
- Strong desire for self-expression from the heart, so not great for unknown work;
- Often having gastrointestinal problems caused by the irregular schedules because of the hardworking.
People born in the year of ox are responsible and diligent, and they are often highly appreciated and trusted by the boss in the workplace. They do not like to speak about their true feelings which make others hard to understand them.
They are creative and pay attention to the reality. However, they do not like to talk much and accept friends' advices, which make people think they are stubborn. They like to focus on working hard but they are lack of romantics.
They do not know how to express love properly even they love others. Because of this, they may lose the chances being promoted even they have the desire being a leader.
In ancient Asian countries, the zodiac signs are important for young people because parents use the zodiac signs as references for their marriages. They believed some zodiac signs are good for marriage, while some others are not.