The IFS function checks whether one or more conditions are met, and returns a value that corresponds to the first TRUE condition. The IFS function works in Excel 2019.
= IFS([Logical test1, Value if True1, Logical test2, Value if True2, Logical test3, Value if True3)
Please note that IFS function allows maximum 127 different conditions.
Students test scores are marked from 0 to 100. The scores need to be converted into A, B, C, D and F with the following rules:
– scores that are greater than 89 are converted to A;
– scores that are greater than 79 are converted to B;
– scores that are greater than 69 are converted to C;
– scores that are greater than 59 are converted to D; and
– scores that are less than 60 are converted to F.
In the Cell B2, type the formula below and copy down. All scores will be converted to letters.