The SUMPRODUCT function adds all the multiplication results for all arrays.
=SUMPRODUCT(array1, [array2], [array3], …)
- Array1 is required, the first array is to multiply and then add.
- Array2 is optional, the second array is to multiply and then add.
- Array3 is optional, the third array is to multiply and then add.
- The array arguments must have the same dimensions to multiply and then add together.
- SUMPRODUCT Function returns the sum of all numbers when there is only one array.
Example 1: The sum of column A
The sum of the numbers in column A is 55.
Example 2: The sum of the product of column A and column B
The sum of the product of column A and column B is 0.