The CHOOSE function is to return a value from a list with the index number you specified.
= CHOOSE(index_num, value1, [value2], …)
- Index_num is required, the number of value you need to select.
- Value1 is required, the first value in the list to select from.
- Value2 … is optional, the value list will have at least one argument and cannot be over 254 value argument.
- Index_num is an integer which is greater than or equal to 1.
- When Index_num is less than 1 or greater than the number of arguments, CHOOSE function returns #VALUE! Error.
- When Index_num is a fraction, it will be truncated to the lowest integer.
=CHOOSE(2,B2,B3,B4,B6) Choose the 2nd value from the list B2,B3,B4 and B6, which is "Aiden".
=CHOOSE(2,D2,D3,D4,D5,D6) Choose the 2nd value from the list D2,D3,D4,D5 and D6, which is 100,835.
=CHOOSE(2.1,D2,D3,D4,D5,D6) Choose 2.1 value from the list, since 2.1 is not integer, and it is truncated to 2 and returns to 100,835.